Sunday, December 17, 2006

A few odd balls

Saturday Night Live finally has picked up their game in the last few seasons - mainly with the inclusion of a NOT live segment. This is known as "An SNL Digital Short." You may have seen "Lazy Sunday" or the classic "Natalie Portman Rap" which I know I posted about some time ago. So here's another one. Makes me like JT even more and gives you a great idea for that last minute Kwanzaa gift. Be careful - it's catchy!

http://video.nbc.com/player.html?dlid=51289

So after that you can look at this - Dance Trent, Dance

Now I'm excited - but NIN as Hot Dance Single? Even the NIN sites are sort of shocked - I assure you I never heard a mix of this on KTU. Oh maybe that's because KTU only plays music from 1996 and before. Hell I've never even played it out - and I just mixed NIN's Closer with Beyonce's Irreplaceable on Saturday night. There's a new NIN DVD coming out on February 27, 2007. It looks amazing. It's being released in DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-Ray. Not that anyone actually owns a Blu-Ray player yet. We're being told a new album will be finished in early 2007. Which if all goes well means we will see it in stores in 2009.

I'm slacking on my best of songs and albums for the year, but I assure you it is coming and there will be some really obvious choices and some odd balls. Really, what else would you expect from me.

In the helping a brother out category - I was sent some nice gifts the other day from axerecovery.com for the AXE Recovery Top Hangover Songs List. Check out the site (you do have to register and stuff) but it's sort of an interesting musical discussion. Take a quick guess which one I chose.

Sunday Morning - The Velvet Underground
Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
Fairytale of New York - The Pogues
2000 B.C. - Basehead
Here Comes a Regular - The Replacements
One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer - George Thoroughgood
Louder - Lo Fi Funk
Power - Kid Congo Powers
Van Drunk - The Scud Mountain Boys
Low Side of the Road - Tom Waites
I Am Wasted But I'm Ready - Ben Kweller
May You Never - John Martyn
The Bar Is A Beautiful Place - Ryan Adams
Coffee and TV - Blur
Poison Cup - M. Ward


Finally - I will be checking out Kevin Devine at Maxwell's in Hoboken on January 5. Be sure to come and check him out and see why he made my list of the best albums of 2006. Whoops...

Frank

No comments: