Monday, December 18, 2006

A Social Experiment

2 examples of my of social experiences from the weekend and a video daily double.

In a bit of irony - this happened to me at a video game store the other day. The clue here is in the name of the um, um, clerk.

Frank - Do you have the Nunchuk for the Wii?
Clerk - We had 2 this morning, but they sold out.
Frank - They're sold out everywhere
Clerk - Yeah we got a whole box of them a week ago and people just went crazy and bought them all in a few days.
Frank - Wow
Clerk - Bunch of savages in this town.

Proceeded by laughter on both parts.



At a small bar where I DJed on Saturday. I will use WTB to stand for White Trash Bitch.

WTB - I don't know if you notice, but this isn't what people want to hear
Me - Oh, well I was told to play more dance and hip hop.
WTB - Maybe that's OK later, but we want to hear some 90s alternative rock and maybe 60s. But not the 80s, because that decade was terrible.
Me - Oh ok, I'll see what I can get on for you.
WTB - Obviously you have no idea what you're doing, you have to play better music.
Me - (sarcastic)Thank You
WTB - Oh my, thats the nastiest "Thank You" I've heard in a year and a half.
Me - (breaking and starting to laugh - but trying not to full out make this woman spit her 3 yellow teeth at me) - So, a year and a half ago, what happened then.
WTB - That's the last time someone said "Thank You" that nasty.
Me - Right


And the video daily double

What's Your Pop Secret? Mine is, yes that's Mike Musco and a bowl of popcorn.


Frank

No comments: