Monday, May 28, 2007

To The East Side...

Wow - I'm tired. Surprised I even have the energy or the desire to blog right now. It's been a terribly long week, albeit a good one. There were some amazing events and quotes over the past week, but damned if i can actually remember most of them. But let's fill in some blanks - shall we?

Friday
Scene: KJ's Ale House - Staten Island Bar. Bandulos playing live. (Side note: they will be playing on the 4th of July @ My Family's House.)

A) I never ate cake at a bar before.
B) Got a call on the emergency phone for work while at the bar.
Parent: "Hi Frank, K--- didn't come home yet. Should I wait till 1am and then call the police?"
Frank: "If you could hunt her down and kill her that would be great."
Parent: "Oh no Frank, Don't put that on me."

Saturday
Scene: Headliner - Jersey Shore Fist Pump Palace
Girl: "Oh I'm from Staten Island - Went to Tottenville HS."
Me: "Oh I graduated in 1997 - you?"
Girl: "Me too"
Me: "I'm Frank and you are?"
Girl : "Alison S--"
Me: "Hmm... I don't remember you at all."
Girl: "Well I spend a lot of time getting high in the woods behind the school"
Me: "Gotcha"

Sunday
Scene: At house after dropping a load of money at Bed, Bath & Beyond
Me: "So you know what Mom asks me? - What color would you like to bring into the bathroom?"
Dad: "What color?"
Me: "Exactly - The only colors I bring into the bathroom and yellow and brown"

Sunday
Scene: Standing with Derek & Dustyn on 23rd St outside Gotham Comedy Club
Dustyn: "There are two things I love about the summer and girls wearing stuff like that (girl in short skirt and heels) is one of them."
Me: "What's the other?"
Dustyn: "More sunlight"

Scene: Inside Gotham Comedy Club - Dave Attell on stage
Dave: "Girls love flowers, I mean they really love flowers. You know what flowers are better than - getting kicked in the cunt. Girls do not like that. Flowers are up here - Getting kicked in the cunt is down there."

So kids - that was the weekend - today was filled with painting, sanding and trying not to kill my parents. I'm moving Friday. So I was just letting people do their thing. People would ask where I wanted things, I replied "wherever you want them to go." Because once I give my opinion - people aren't satisfied with it and they want to give me their opinion. No opinions - just do whatever you want. If I like it, great. If I don't, it'll be different the next time you come back. Thanks to everyone that helped today - especially my indentured servants Karen & Kris. I appreciate it!

Soon there will be a few small housewarming parties. Work friends, home friends, family, hookers. Not in that order. Hope you can make it.

Frank

No comments: