Thursday, December 27, 2007

NSDPS

Ah, make the most of what we yet may spend,
Before we too into Dust descend;
Dust into Dust, and under Dust to lie,
Sans Wine, sans Song, sans Singer, and--sans End!
-Edward Fitzgerald

This was read before these regular poetry readings back in Wroxton. We would go out behind the abbey and read either things either we liked or we wrote. It was a fun time that I will always remember. We called it the "Not So Dead Poets Society."
Writing songs has been a great way for me to take these things and put them out again. I've thought of putting things up here - but just never felt like the right place or time. I continue to write, some of them will see light in song and many will never even be read out loud.

I have been home sick for the past 2 days. And I assure you this has given a new definition to this old post. Not the way I wanted to spend Christmas and the last days of the year but sometimes...(wait for it...yeap)...shit happens. (Oh why am I not a comedian?)

In any case, I will post my top albums and songs for the year. However, I can barely remember what I bought or downloaded this year. I will say the new Alicia Keys album, is phenomenal. And a new British band called "Scouting For Girls" brings cheeky lyrics to a great pop song. So we'll see where the rest of everyone stands up. You'll have to wait and see. Enjoy the new year!

Frank

No comments: