Saturday, February 18, 2006

Maybe I'm just bored

TEN Random Things You May Not Know About Me:
1. I have a bizarre photographic memory. I have memories of old experiences that are more like snapshots in my brain. Sometimes I can be in the photo, sometimes not. The first one I have is with my Grandma Helen on my Aunt Carol’s wedding day. It’s my only memory of her.
2. I was actually born in Long Island, and lived in Queens till I was 1 and then moved to Staten Island and have lived in this house since.
3. I’ve never broken a bone and have only had 1 trip to the ER when I was in high school. Knock wood.
4. My father wouldn’t let me go to Wroxton College unless I took a business course there.
5. I DJed my first party when I was about 12. I used a karaoke machine that had 2 tape decks and would cue up my cassette singles to when the song started to play music without stopping. I wouldn’t call it mixing – but that was the idea.
6. For as long as I can remember, the end of “Ghost” makes me cry.
7. I still have the address tag from my first dog Prissy. She was named after a character in Gone With The Wind.
8. I can’t throw things out. I collect everything. I have comic books, baseball cards, collector’s plates, autographs, cds, etc. I’m hoping one day I will sell them and make some money.
9. I tied my shoes in bunny ears until 1999. When 2 things happened – Sarah was appalled that I did that and I refused to tie steel toe Doc Martin’s with bunny ears.
10. I stare are everyone. When I’m walking in the city, or in the mall, or wherever – I tend to look at everyone. This has gotten me in trouble with a significant other and I’ve spotted a number of famous people.


NINE Places I've Visited: (without getting there by car, in chronological order)
1. Orlando, FL
2. Tokyo, Japan
3. Raleigh, NC
4. Wroxton, England
5. Brussels, Belgium
6. Paris, France
7. Venice, Italy
8. Rome, Italy
9. Chicago, IL


EIGHT Ways to Win My Heart:
1. Fun. Have it, love it, live it. Encompasses both in a foreign land and at home.
2. Take me on an adventure. A nice dinner somewhere random (White Castle or Sushi Samba) or a quest to find a dress for a party.
3. Do things because you know I’d like it, and actually enjoy it because I do.
4. Listen to music and really feel it.
5. Let me be stupid and laugh about it.
6. Sexiness. As a life choice. Can be anything from a wake up hug to a goodnight kiss.
7. Enjoys patiently educating my naive self.
8. Support me, in anything I feel passionate about. For example: Being ok with me DJing on weekends and telling me the Menlo Park mall is much smaller than the Woodbridge Mall.


SEVEN Things I Want to Do Before I Die:

1. Be on stage at Madison Square Garden in front of a sold out crowd.
2. Write a song.
3. To know that something I’ve said or done to someone has impacted or changed their life for the better.
4. Get my 15 minutes of fame for something good or fun.
5. Relax.
6. Live in Manhattan.
7. Have a three - never mind…


SIX Things I'm Afraid Of:

1. Heights.
2. Mayonaise.
3. Not being happy.
4. Failing.
5. Not being there when someone needed me.
6. My future children.


FIVE Things I Don't Like:
1. Mayonaise. Unless it’s the acoustic version of a Smashing Pumpkins song of the same name.
2. Bitchiness.
3. Conceit.
4. White Creamy Foods – I’m getting better.
5. Silence.


FOUR Ways to Turn Me Off:
1. Be disrespectful and not have remorse.
2. Do things to hurt someone on purpose.
3. Tell me something negative about myself when I’m already feeling vulnerable.
4. Be boring.


THREE Things I Do Every Day:
1. Listen to music.
2. Think about and talk to the woman.
3. Think about sex.


TWO Things that Make Me Happy:
1. Love.
2. Music.


ONE Thing On My Mind Right Now:
That I should be doing a million other things right now – but instead I’m doing this – which I’ve wanted to do for days. I’m thinking how I should be doing my next Sirius mix, but instead I’m listening to an amazing Jazz album by Herbie Hancock called “Possibilities.” How I’m glad I have the day to be able to do things like blog, listen to jazz, do my laundry and relax just a bit. I also hope that I can do the same thing once I’m married. Thinking about how the beginning of this version of “I just called to say I love you” is so amazing.

There’s probably only one time when there’s only one thing on my mind.

No comments: