Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Scene 1

So tonight was the rehearsal and I didn't know what to expect. For all I knew tonight we were going to be drilled on our lines while getting initiated by the boy scouts that are in the hall before we are. Fortunately, the boy scouts only had pine races on their minds and there was no initiation.

It was relatively painless and I was told that I did a good job, despite reading a few words wrong and stumbling a few lines. Although everyone screwed up at some point. I was just the first to do it. I definitely feel wierd, as everyone else is a "theatre person" and I'm just someone that likes a good play every so often, the occacional musical and a good show from time to time. So I know nothing about what is supposed to happen.

Donna told me I couldn't be any worse than the Philip in the production at BSC, which is a backward compliment. Much like the pep talk we got from a bleeding Karen. Sounds like there was a low audition turnout, but she's very happy with the cast. And so am I!! The 2 leads are actually dating - which is kinda cool. Also means they should be able to practice a lot more than the rest of us. It also means that scene 3 may be a little more realistic than the Grandparents in the front may be able to handle.

This play is not um - clean. My character yells "Penis" within the 1st 15 mins and "Fuck" is also a favorite of Philip. Unfortunately, I don't get to drop the one and only use of the C-Bomb in the show.

Well, in case you are wondering about what the C-Bomb is - its when our next rehearsal is... C U Next Tuesday.

I'm off to bed - in order to wake up for what hopes to be a great meeting in the city, but I'm more of a skeptic. The first one made me feel like I was at a Black Panters meeting, and the following one was a debriefing of that meeting. Nothing like a debfiefing 6 months later, what are we the ACS / DYFS?

Well, in case you are wondering about what the C-Bomb is - its when our next rehearsal is... C U Next Tuesday.

Frank

4 comments:

Sarah said...

The Black Panters... they're militant, but short of breath.

Karen said...

You know me better than just about anyone, you should know I am always putting my foot in my mouth. But I meant it. I am really happy with the cast I chose. I wouldn't have picked them if I didn't want them.

And stop worrying about being a rookie. Everyone has to be a rookie sometimes. And besides, there were other people in the room at your audition who also really liked your read.

Frank said...

I knew I should have spell cheeked - but thats what I have a fiance for!!

(All missspells done on purpose)

Frank said...

thanks Karen - as I said - I still get nervous before just about any DJ gig (except the Loo) or anything like that. Well I'm glad the audition went went - just letting you know - I'll do what I can to not ask you how every single night goes.