Monday, January 23, 2006

Secretions, Secretions are no fun - I mean Secrets!

Well there's a few things that have been kept under wraps lately - that are going to be blown out of the water. See I know most of you reading this are well aware of what's going on - but I'll put it here for your amusement and to kill just a few more moments of your day and deter you from going to myspace.com.

Secret #1 - I'm really a woman. Ok joking. I'm not a woman. However, my health at the current time is in limbo as I'm having physical issue number 128 since last years superbowl. Need details? E-mail - I'll explain - it involves an attractive girl and and uncomfortable position; among several other doctor visits and such. The story is both funny and alarming. Feel free to call me, then sit down and laugh out loud.

Secret #2 - I have a Sirius mixshow - its done - go to djfrankmanzo.com to download the set and give it a listen. I will post when it will air for those of you that have Sirius and can listen. Although I believe out here on the east coast - its would air between 9am-10am and 9pm-10pm. Odd times I will say. It's very very mainstream, but its a fun mix.

Secret #3 - In high school I was involved in the student run musical knows as SING. Which we won (twice, kinda). He was the director and he was in the chorus (1 of 4 guys). I became the backstage director, mainly due to my amazing building skills (or great help). Since my stage fright could be more anxiety provoking than having to eat a mayonnaise sandwich at 100 ft (that would be torture) I always opted to be behind the scenes and almost shit myself when after we won our senior year and I was hoisted up by the backstage crew to see a full crowd of people looking at me.

Now since those days - I have gotten better. DJing has lowered stage fright exponentially, I've also had to do lots of other public speaking things, role plays, presentations and ran counseling groups. So I decided to take the advice that someone gave me in a counseling course about 4 years ago and pursue acting.

Karen is directing "The Shape Of Things" and I figured it would be fun to audition. I thought - well Karen is directing so it's a bit less pressure to try out and I maybe could give me a tip or two. It's also at the Radburn Players which doesn't get a huge crowd to some of their shows. Although their last production of "Man of LaMancha" was a HUGE success and I will say a great great production. Honestly, their productions have become better over the few years we've been going to see Karen in them (even those where Karen is in her underwear or gets felt up). So last Monday, I detoured away from some traffic and hit speeds upwards of 80mph on the NJ Turnpike in order to make it to the audition about 15 mins late. With that said I read for both parts and ended up getting the supporting role of Phillip. Fortunately I do not have to kiss anyone as the main character does, which obviously was a controversial subject that was avoided.

So for those of you that would like to see my acting debut and prefacing panic attacks come here

So I'm working on this next week's Sirius mixshow that will be more trancey and will air on Area 33. I haven't DJed trance in a long time, so this will be interesting and fun.

And for some real tribal house fun - Pure in Philly on Friday Feb 10. It's a 1/2 post party for the Gay Men's Chorus and 1/2 a "Best of Billy Carroll Presents Month." It will be me - doing what I do best - which is having a lot of fun and playing some great music. Lots of people coming down for the event - which always makes it better!

So there you go - all my secretions... I mean secrets. I need to sleep.

Frank

No comments: