Wednesday, November 09, 2005

4 and 5; Therefore 9

That comes from a Soul Coughing song called 4 out of 5. Now it really has little to do with today, but it just reminded me of this movie Derek and some people were shooting in college about going to the bathroom. The ending sequence was me sitting on a toilet (pants up) talking about how I sing that song in my head in public bathrooms when the whole male pee shy thing comes along. I actually still need a copy of it along with the other movies I was in.

Anyways - let's work backwards - for the past week or so my Dad got this idea to hire roofers to redo the roof as we had a leak and while this was going on bumping out the garage a bit more. So my Dad hired 2 Polish guys to do the roof. I don't know where he got these people from, not really important. So apparently one of them likes to drink - a lot - while working - on A ROOF!!!! Fortunately he's not dead. However we got a good amount of rain today (and a bolt of lightning that I swear hit our neighbors house) - and well a roof is supposed to prevent rain from coming in the house typically. Apparently Polish roofers don't find that to be a priority, so there is water leaking from the same spot where it was leaking. We had a small leak and it is now a big problem. Oh happy day.

I also can't watch tv in my room as they had to cut one of the lines of cable - so i have my computer and tv in the living room and porch - but incase you don't know my family - its a bit difficult to sleep due to noise forget about watching Lost where if I miss a logo on a shark or something I will seem really dumb at work tomorrow. Woe is me (I kinda feel like like Karen)

(Side Note - I watched it - and with my family in and out I almost LOST my fucking mind! At one point my Mom says that her and my sister are done in there so I watch it in there and they start talking while it's on, so I had to go back and fourth. When will I get cable back?)

As many of you know I work for a Jewish organization. Some of you are still amused, I know, but today I had a sureal experience. I arrive at the 57th st office at 9am (I was actually early) and was waiting to get into the elevator. Now the building is old and so are the elevators and there are like 12 floors and 2 elevators. So I'm behind a Hasidic Jewish man (or as Sarah calls them "Jews in Costume")and a white woman. The elevators open some people file in and the Jewish man was being a bit slow and the elevator closed at 1/2 capacity. The woman behind me says loudly "Oh Jesus Christ." No lady - probably not.

Finally - I have been intrigued by a group of anonamous bloggers. There's the stripper (this one about the foo fighters is priceless), the bouncer and this one - the lawyer. Now she's had some drama that you can read if you desire. She's landed herself in NY Times and has a book deal due to her blog. However, I think some of us can relate to this post in particular. I know I can. However I will say this year I am winning 2-0 against the Senior. (And after this roofing issue, it's like a empty net goal)

Expect some more sooner than later - I've had some more time and the Fiancee is off to Texas this weekend. Which means lots of time sitting at home at my computer! I'm so fucking cool! Actually I hope to get out a lot this weekend. We'll see...

Frank

No comments: