Sunday, November 06, 2005

One of these blogs

So we're back at filling in blog for a song lyric...

so far today I haven't done much. I slept in late, which was odd because my time was so throw off, as it tends to be when I'm at Sarah's since the only clock I can see with my glasses off is the regular one with hands and that doesn't make much sense to me just as my eyes open. Takes too much thought really.

So this blog will jump all over the musical spectrum as does my brain. Or as my supervisor called it yesterday ADHD. But that's another conversation that should probably be done with someone that can prescribe medication.

So its been a few weeks now since I've DJed and its been a bit odd. Although I did get booked for February 10th in Philly. It's some special event that "I would be perfect for." Which means - play your wedding heart out you cheesy SOB. But that is what I do. On any given night. So I'm excited, as usual.

My remix "If Madonna calls...Hang up" has made my website explode. I'm up hundreds of hits and visits. And most importantly downloads. It's pretty damn cool still, and Derek and Romaine continue to play it. If you don't have it yet - www.djfrankmanzo.com - get it there. It'll also be on James Anthony's next Sirius Mixshow, right after Ricky Martin. My Mom will be so proud. He's spinning at Avalon Sunday - so go check him out.

Jump to Thursday. I went to the Nine Inch Nails concert at MSG. Now typically these concerts are sold out (which it was) and getting rid of an extra ticket is easy. Not in this case. I couldn't scalp it - even for face value. It sucked. So at that point I just wanted someone to go and not waste a ticket. So luckily Alaina (who I was giving 1 ticket to) called Jonah and he stopped skating over at Bryant Park and came over. Gave me $20 for the ticket - which was a $75 ticket - and we all went in. Now I must say - the show was amazing. Probably the 2nd or 3rd best NIN show ever. I was definitely excited to have been there and experienced it all. NIN always makes concerts an experience, and there were Hurt video-esque moments with a big screen with projections on it. At one point there was a picture of George Bush dancing with Laura and the place went bonkers. Mainly since the lyrics in the song were:

What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems
What if all the world you think know
Is an elaborate dream?

As I've said the show rocked. And I ran into people I haven't seen in years outside of the show, also cool.

On the way to the car (tip: to avoid paying $40 to park when going to MSG or nearby, park on 29th St off of 10th Ave. It's a little walk, but its worth it) I heard a remix of "food" by Common & Kanye West. I thought I may be one of few people that knew every NIN song as well as this remix. Which I don't think is a bad thing, it's just weird. So let's continue with the weirdness...

So in the coming weeks there's Happy Potter & the Goblet of Fire and Rent hitting the theatres. I'm excited for both, more so for Rent. It's a favorite, and really seems promising. I want to get some people together to see this on opening weekend - anyone wanna come?

So I spent another Saturday night not doing much - sitting here blogging obviously. Which isn't a bad thing really, just very odd for me. I've been toying with the idea of doing a podcast type of thing or a weekly mixshow for this site and djfrankmanzo.com. Even making them different - make this one like a radio show and the other one a DJ mixshow. We'll see - it sounds good on paper. er - the screen.

Sorry - got interrupted by the emergency phone from work. A kid is most likely AWOL AGAIN!!!! As Chad's Dad says - there are 2 ways to do things - the easy way and the hard way. This boy is taking the hard way to a new level.

Frank

1 comment:

Karen said...

I just found out Rent is being released 11/23, not this Friday. So I can definitely join your group of rabid RENT fans. Count me in. Yay!