Saturday, November 12, 2005

moving forward?

Last night I worked back at the Waterloo. Now aside from the typical douchebags (Danny's friend and the guy that swore I called him a pussy and was going to hit me) it was a pretty good evening. I was excpecting the worst, but actually had a good time. However, it seems that Mr. Greek (the owner) is having a "I fucked things up" moment. So he's doing what he can to rope old people back in, just the ones he likes though. Which I guess is a category I fall into. He offered me Thanksgiving Eve, which is definitely a nice gig. As well as a return to my post of Friday night resident. Now, see its one of those things where it has been miserable there, but it still can have some potential. As long as they get their shit back together. So as of now and until the new year - Frank will be back on Fridays at the Waterloo.

One possible change is if he manages to rope back in old bartenders - mainly two that worked with me just about every Saturday for like 2 years. If they come back on Saturday night, then I will go back on Saturday night. And it was pretty much put that it's a package deal. When bartender (we'll call her) Fake "D" told Mr. Greek that she won't work unless I do, he didn't understand and questioned what the DJ has to do with anything. However, we get it. We understand what that means, how to work with each other. That she tells me I'm playing too loud, that people want that new afro-cuban polka trip-hop track or Pearl Jam, and the way I know she'll dance everytime I play September(Remix) by Earth, Wind & Fire. My role is to ask her to make 5 shots for someones birthday (and forget to charge me at the end of the night), to charge my friends a bit less, and to make sure I get a drink even if the place is packed wall to wall.

A better situation would be to have two other bartenders back. But I don't really think (we'll call her) Real "D" and Big G will come back. So with that said - the only way we all go back to working on Saturdays if if the old team is back together. We don't need any Terrell Owens' around - although D-Ball would be a great addition.

So I don't know if i'm moving forward or not, but it is kinda nice to work again since I don't have a DJ job set up until February (2/10 @ Pure In Philly) and oddly fun to play some hip hop. Got some extra christmas money now, funny cuz I was thinking of getting a retail job for the holiday season.

Frank

No comments: