Tuesday, October 12, 2004

10,000 Screaming Bloggers

jesus - i'm glad to see that my friends can read. Goldman - i quoted you just as you said it. It didn't mean you would, and shit that does also require a girl that will take a 1 hr ride in the FRONT of your car. Sometimes it makes me wonder why its such a big deal. I will ask you all to come down there 1x and 1x only. Most of you have said "Ok, I'll go sometime" (not Goldman) and I can't think of a better time than my b-day for that. Everyone thats gone down there has had a good time. Girls and guys, and that includes my brother. I will never ask anyone again to come down after Oct 23rd, except in my dj e-mail updates. You will all know I'm there and can make your own decisions about coming down.

I mean I don't want this to be bigger than it is. I'm dj-ing an afterhours club called Pure in Philly. It draws a gay crowd, there are straight people. At the end of the night there are about 800 people (gay, straight, male, female, other) on the dancefloor that just enjoyed the music I played. This is what I do, and I love it. Its free to get in for my friends, and you'll get 1-2 free drinks. More than that, I don't know what to tell you.

I'd love to see everyone down there, you've all been supportive over the years coming to jimmy's, exit, discotheque, centrofly and even the waterloo. I've never felt as comfortable as I do in Philly, despite the fact that its 11 days away and I'm nervous. It means a lot when people come down, and thats why I'm doing all I can to accomodate you guys. I don't want this to be a guilt trip of any sort, its just the way I feel about DJing and giving back to my friends.

I need to know by this Friday if you need a room in Philly, and by next Thursday if you're coming. That way all can be on the guestlist.

-----------------------------------------------

Anyways, my first day of work was great. I think this job will be so much better than my previous ones. My commute is about 8 minutes, my pay is more than I've made before, and most importantly less stress and paperwork. So thats all for now people. Glad to hear good things for other people - like karen (her movie), jillian (her makeup job) and mike (for riding a stallion). till next time -

Frank

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Did you say Mike was in Wyld Stallyns?

Anonymous said...

I'm Bill S. Preston, Esquire.
And I'm Ted "Theodore" Logan.
And together, we're WYLD STALLYNS.

San Dimas High School football rules.

Be excellent to each other... And party on, dudes.

Sarah said...

THAT'S what we can be for Halloween!!

Karen said...

I know someone who has a Ted Theodore Logan costume. He wore it last year.

Sorry I can't make Pure. Film school's a bitch. There's a minor minor chance I might be able to go, but I wouldn't count on it. I'll let you know if I can.

Congratulations on the job, I'm glad it's working out for you.

Anonymous said...

instead of continuing with the gay club madness, i will instead enlighten this blog crowd with some words of wisdom:

"No matter how good she looks,
some other guy is sick and tired
of putting up with her crap."

btw...the comment about a girl being in the front of goldman's car was classic.

Anonymous said...

FYI

the above words of stupidity were written by the one, the only....papa fuji