Wednesday, October 27, 2004

when i feel that dirtyfilthy blog

So its Tuesday - and right now I'm putting up my set from Saturday night in Philly on www.djfrankmanzo.com. Which rocked. Again - I so wish more people could've been there, and I really hurt someone that did come down - but aside from that we had a blast. The crippled Fiance came to support me and fell asleep in the DJ booth. My ears stopped ringing earlier today - and she was able to fall asleep. Just another amazing thing about her.

Well the whole night was teriffic. I had a blast (and enough alcohol to kill a small country) - I was forbidden by Tom and Marvin to play a lot of my favorites, so I had to come up with a new selection of classic Frank Manzo songs to throw in. You know its a good night when you're outside and there are people saying "cun-ty, cun-ty, cun-ty." And hearing "beat that bitch" did bring back a lot of memories. While talking to Billy - we figured out that would be a great song to play at the wedding. We had a teriffic night, and many were missed! Look at Decemeber for another date. Whoo Hoo.

Aside from that the weekend was good - got together all the engagement party invitations - notice how GAG is part of enGAGement. Coincidence? I think not. So family is December 5th on SI @ Carmens - Friends are at Sarah's house in Chester on November 19th.

Last night me and the Fiance (just trying to get used to saying it) went to see Jamie Cullum (www.jamiecullum.com) at the Jazz Standard in the city. What a cool little place - that served Caparinia - and we got to see a great show. I've never been to a jazz show and it was really cool to watch. He plays lots of covers as well as originals. But cool covers - like Radiohead's High & Dry and The Neptune's Frontin'. As well as Frank Sinatra's "I get a kick out of you." So that was a fun night - which we're not going to be able to have many of cuz we need to save boatloads of money for the wedding and life after it.

We're off to North Carolina this weekend. To save money, we're driving and it'll be one of the last places we'll see outside of NY/NJ together for a while. So thats all for now. Till next time

Frank

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you ask me, the word "engagement" is too close to the word "enslavement". but yea, have fun with that one.

-fuji

Karen said...

Man. I love me some Jamie Cullum. *sigh*

I love the use of The Fiance :) though the feminine form is Fiancee. Sorry, reflex :)

Sarah said...

Beat That Bitch is joining the Star Wars Theme on the short list of Songs the Fiancee Is Exercising Her Veto On.

(See Empire Records for reference.)